Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by LORD NEMESIS, Jun 2, 2016.
the colour is coming along nicely, i just need to slow down a bit with the air brush and be more consistent. i started on the chest armor but the first measurements came out not predator sized so i will have to keep resizing untill i get it right
resized the chest. seems a lot better. it is a little big around the waist area but i will just chop some out to make it fit tighter. i decided to go with resin/fiber glass. the mask and neck seal is already really, heavy so this will add to it. might have to get into back shape before wearing it for long periods.
i hadn't originally planned on doing a cannon or back pack but then the desire struck me. i got a cannon 3d printed and i'm working on the back pack. unfortunately the scale of the cannon was smaller than i had anticipated. so i will have to see how it looks once i get the back pack sorted
Looks like you are off to a great start! keep up the great work. cant wait to see it finished!
got the chest up to what i think is the right size now with a lot of chopping and mucking about. back pack pepped up as well. i am getting the impression when this is done it is going to be rather heavy to wear.
getting the bomb gaunt done. started out with the same base as the blade side but now i am just frankenstiening it and seeing what happens. hopefully it will turn out ok when it's all done in resin and cleaned up
started to get some progress going. the hardening process has been dragging out.
i built a frame to keep the chest in shape while i was hardening it, and now it is strong enough to support it's own weight. the back pack and bomb gaunt are fully hardened and and i'm starting the detail work
cut the collar off the chest so that it doesn't clash with the neck ring built into my mask. sanding up the bomb gaunt and then i will start working on the computer part
Oh, my friend, a looooot of sanding here... hate this part))) great progress. you gonna use it in one piece?
i was just saying today i feel like i need my own prop building mr miyagi to watch and say "bog on, bog off". the plan is to cut it into two pieces front and back. but i'll try put it on the mannequin first to see if it's possible to get into in one piece, which i'm doubting at this point
gocha. will wait new pics.
chest is cut in half now. i'm going to attach it with a combination of webbing and magnets. i'm not really happy with how it sits on the mannequin around the shoulder and neck area. (lots of open space) i'll get a pic up once i'm able to keep the two pieces together again. this may end up not being an issue due to the large size of my neck ring, will have to wait and see. also re employing the shoe string clamping method to glue the loom tube onto the gaunt
separated the suit from the mannequin for the first test fit. wrapping the mannequin in baking paper turned out to be a good idea.
made the separation process a lot easier.
the armor is a bit bulky and i'm so happy with how just the skin looks it's made me question having armor,
though i'm conflicted after spending so much time and effort to make the armor
have also discovered my dreads are separating from the mask. any recommendations on an adhesive that will be suitable
to handle the porousness of the foam and not degrade the latex?
Armor is bigger, what it should be, you right. Maybe you should make it with some lighter materials? But skin texture is really good)
i went with the heavy materials to make sure it would be able to hold the weight of the back pack and the chopper style trophy skulls on sticks i'm planning on.
i cut back the top and side bits which have made the gaps around the arms much smaller, i should be able to trip some eva and stick it around the opening now toblock the extra gap and add padding.
the armor is still too wide around the hips how ever
i'm thinking about cutting the whole right side off and running with half armor on the front or sanding up the front side bits so that they join inside of the back instead of lining up to try bend the hips in a bit.
i git the zip closed on the back and despite hemming the back it is still flabby, i guess you cant win them all. definately going to have to have the back covered on this one haha
after some dodgy wiring work i got the lights working for the bomb computer, also finally glues the blades in and some padding
Great progress Matt!
the bomb computer seems to be a goer, very simple set up but it works. no count down timer just the display.
also got some more detail work on the guant.
Will you repaint the numpad?
haha no chance i would leave it like that. i have already sprayed it in primer. i was thinking to engrave symbols in them but my engraver bit is too big for the size of the buttons. i will probably end up painting or doing them in marker
Those are huge blades!!!
the blades i had one my first costume were puny so this time around it was go big or go home
speaking of bigger things the first canon was too small so upgraded.
new spine trophy. i'm planning on mounting this into the recess on the back piece of the armor
armor and gauntlet painted up. i used a different under coat this time, i wanteda dark metal but not as dark as the blade gaunt. i think it came out well.
Separate names with a comma.