P2 Elder Head Display

Discussion in 'Predator Models, Statues and Figures' started by YautjaKShai, Jun 9, 2016.

1. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Ok folks... now, I feel like a little itty bitty child amongst all you amazingly talented artists so please don't be too harsh. ;)

I was not gifted with artistic skill, but I think I definitely came with a love of Predator. LOL! So... at the end of 2015, I was lucky enough to purchase a Predator mask (my first one!) from MastersPred (thank you for that!), and I had a plan to turn him into a foam-filled P2 Elder head display bust. Well... that was the plan. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing, how to paint, use an airbrush, or pretty much anything else. None the less, I bought an airbrush and started practicing.

So.... this is what the mask came to me like:

elder%20head%20before%202_zpssn5kfz7p.jpg
    elder%20head%20before%203_zps0ao6xtcl.jpg

I'm not even going to bother with the step by step process of painting it up - suffice to say, I painted him and repainted him and re-re-re--re-re-re-painted him a total of 10 times.

Now, he's STILL NOT DONE, but I could not resist sharing the photos any more. I am very pleased with how he's turning out. Eventually when I learn more, I'll probably repaint him again and try to get it closer and better to what it should be. I still have to add more dreads (I ran out of backer rod) and I need to get all the dread rings and the little gold "end cap" thingies for the bottom of the dreads, I currently only have a couple on there. But he's coming along.

Again, this is my first time... and having no artistic skill, this is really a struggle for me. Please be kind. OK! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

elder%20head%20after%204_zps73qqad0o.jpg

elder%20head%20after%205_zpskxupyqio.jpg
    elder%20head%20after%201_zpsvo6tuyxm.jpg
    elder%20head%20after%203_zpscnsi53q4.jpg

elder%20head%20after%205_zpskxupyqio.jpg

Huntress, OldPredVA, Jmen and 2 others like this.
  2. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

It looks pretty damn awesome, not even considering for a first mask.

You may not have the skill level of some people here, but allot of that comes from practice. I don't think any of us here started as master sculptors, painters, or anything like that (not that I'm considering myself to be one yet of course) but with time and trying we improved.

YautjaKShai likes this.
  3. M77

M77 Hunter

In the best way possible: That's one ugly mother... ;)

That's a cool head, I'm impressed, even more so as this your first attempt at such a project!
    And the painting, re-painting, trying out new stuff and finding out what works and what doesn't is all part of the fun.
    Be sure to post more on your progress!

Jmen, YautjaKShai and LunaticNic like this.
  4. MAULER666

MAULER666 Unblooded

I'd be proud of that if it were me so you definately should be too, awesome man.

YautjaKShai and LunaticNic like this.
  5. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Thanks guys :)

LunaticNic likes this.
  6. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

You have the Wreav seal of approval. I might do a 'WREAV' rate system like the mechillin stars XD someday and write a full documented review of someones things.

7. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Thanks Wreav! LOL :)

Please don't do a full documented review of my elder head. Hahaha. At least not until I learn to paint better <3

Wreav likes this.
  8. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Not yet i need to also consider all of the rating areas will be haha. :p
    Might take a while

LunaticNic and YautjaKShai like this.
  9. M77

M77 Hunter

Rating area 1: 'Execution!' (seems appropriate :))

YautjaKShai likes this.
  10. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Thank you! I am very pleased with how it came out. First attempt at painting and all, the elder is a very difficult paint job. Maybe one of these times I'll start with something simple for the first time. Nooooo, what fun would that be.

11. DaddyDachande

DaddyDachande Unblooded

Looks awesome! Don't be so hard on yourself. I think it's very impressive

YautjaKShai likes this.
  12. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Thank you so much! Love the name, DaddyDachande! :D

DaddyDachande likes this.
  13. DaddyDachande

DaddyDachande Unblooded

Hey thanks! haha :lol:

14. shanks

shanks Unblooded

that is really good

YautjaKShai likes this.
  15. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

Thank you very much Shanks :D:)

It was a fun project to make. I have a P1 head I'm currently working on :) I'll post photos of him once complete.

OldPredVA likes this.
  16. OldPredVA

OldPredVA Blooded

Definitely post some updated pics on your progress.

17. YautjaKShai

YautjaKShai Hunter

P1 head is completed, and for sale!