Narin's Aboriginal - finished (former WIP)

Discussion in 'Predator Models, Statues and Figures' started by M77, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Ya too humble M ;P

I'm with Rode, anxiously waiting bro :)

2. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

"Thanks, doing my best! All credit for the sculpture is for Narin, I'm just painting it :)"

It isn't exactly a paint by number sheet, excellent cast to be sure but it would be very easy to screw up the paint work and then the sculpt wouldn't count for squat. You're doing quite well here so credit is easily justified...

3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Lovely... more progress! Get to it!

4. M77

M77 Hunter

Thanks again, it is indeed a challenging project. And although I'm often my own worst critic, I'm reasonably satisfied with how this is turning out. I've definitely improved my skills as compared to when I did the 'Alternative Hunter' that I posted in december. Thinking about tackling the 'King and Queen' kit (also Narin) somewhere in the (near) future, that's probably one of the biggest kit building challenges around. It's mainly the price tag that's keeping me back :eek:

I am nearing completion on the Aboriginal, so here's just a last teaser, before finishing this beast!

20160904_232343.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    LunaticNic, Jmen and Isubomo like this.
  5. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

look at that...exquisitely done M! :D Can't wait to see the finished piece! :D

6. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

space style :eek: i love it:cool:

7. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Phenomenal work on the dreads! I Need to see this pece finished!

8. M77

M77 Hunter

Finally, all done! Here's some pics of this finished beauty/beast. :D
    Unfortunately the subtle undertones in the skin don't really translate to the photo's. Again a steep learning curve after the 'Alternative Hunter', and tried out a number of new techniques. I included one pic of both kits, just to show how massive 'the Aboriginal' really is, especially when considering that the Hunter is already a large 1/6 kit. Haven't decided which kit to tackle next, probably the 'Vile Guyver' (I might post this in the off topic section). Hope you like it, it's certainly been a great kit to build and paint. Thanks for watching! :)

IMG_1.JPG

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_3.JPG

IMG_4.JPG

IMG_5.JPG

IMG_6.JPG

IMG_7.JPG

IMG_8.JPG

IMG_11.JPG

IMG_12.JPG

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    LunaticNic, Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  9. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Son of a...Holy..

That's an awesome masterpiece M!!! WOW...excellent man!!! :D (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

M77 likes this.
  10. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

You absolutely knocked it out of the park! Can't wait to see your next work!(y)

M77 likes this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

I was cryin' when I met you
    Now I'm tryin' to forget you (c) Aerosmith
    :lol::lol::lol:
    No words, awesome.

M77 likes this.
  12. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Sexy...

Jmen and M77 like this.
  13. Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer Young Blood

Yeah, it's ok I guess.

And I am just pulling your dreads...that is some outcome there, your efforts have been well worth it, what a great work you have turned out. Love the shot with the two pieces together!

14. M77

M77 Hunter

That's allright, keeps me on my toes! :lol:
    Shouldn't be too content; that takes away the drive to improve on every next project.

15. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

You did a great job on this. Phenomenal work, big time talent for sure. The colors you used make it really stand out. Congrats on finishing the kit and thanks for posting the finished product!

M77 likes this.
  16. M77

M77 Hunter

Thanks man! Also for the interest, nice to share this stuff (certainly after investing 100+ hours into such a project ) with like -minded enthusiasts.

17. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

You're very welcome, it's great to still see kits being built and painted on here. The more I look at his paint scheme the more I like it, the contrast between the pale white and the fiery colors / dark center on the trims really grabs the eye. ...And by the way, the paint work and detail on his trophies, belt and accessories is on point too. Makes me want to buy a heavy duty display case and buy kits again, keep up that great work!

M77 likes this.
  18. shanks

shanks Unblooded

awesome work

19. Huntress

Huntress Blooded

These look fantastic! I can believe how many under coats you applied to build to to the final colour.