A Fresh Start For The Hunter’s Lair

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by Art Andrews, Jan 22, 2015.

1. BATIMAN

BATIMAN Blooded

"To catch a predator"

" Chris Hansen Gang"

" The Loch Pred Monster"

"Predacabra"

"Kids are our Business"

"The candy store"

"The PDF files " (paedophiles)

"PredTube"

LOL ;)

serious I thought decent names like

"The Predators Bio" Well you have the dented helmet :)

"The Predators Trophy"

"Predator"

"Predator Hunt"

"Ultimate Predator"

Alex;)

2. BATIMAN

BATIMAN Blooded

I like

"The Predators Bio"

Just thinking of options :)

Alex

3. I'm just waiting for someone to say "The Predators Lair" at which time I'll have to point out just how much worse that is than the proposed name.  Chris Hansen indeed.  lol

4. TRI LASER

TRI LASER Blooded

11 characters dude. But some cool ideas in there man.  :)

5. BATIMAN

BATIMAN Blooded

i know , just playing around..  :)

Alex

TRI LASER likes this.
  6. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner

I would kill to get predator.com but you would be looking in the hundreds of thousands if not over a million for that domain name. :(

7. TRI LASER

TRI LASER Blooded

It is available though. Which is funny.

8. Art Andrews

Go to sedo and put an offer in on it... and then you will see why it is still "available."

9. munson

munson Hunter

10. Art Andrews

There was an argument made earlier regarding the strength and aggression of the idea behind Predator and those who costume and Predators. While I understand where your suggestion is coming from, there is absolutely no way that this wouldn't be interpreted as "Predator Cosplay" and I think if we want to maintain even the slightest shred of the rep people have talked about, we probably want to steer clear of any parallels with cosplay.

eaglewood and xdmray like this.
  11. xdmray

xdmray Elite Hunter

thank you.   i really dislike the word cosplay.  I know i have to accept it as it has become the word to describe what we do,  but i still loathe the term.  I don't fucking play,   i put a lot of time and effort in creating props and suits.   It's work.

12. munson

munson Hunter

Yea, the intent wasn't "cosplay" and I understand where you're coming from on it.  I like the word cosplay as much as I like the word "Yautja".  Perhaps I should've used "predatorcpf"?  I'm just not crazy about "Predatorium".

13. Ice

Ice Hunter

OMG! Never use the word Cosplay in the Domain name. This is far from Cosplay, I'm sorry but No! I'd definitely
    leave this place with no quetions asked. That's one Slap in the face, and having piss Run all over our work. The Picture I attached is Anime-ish Cosplay. What I see coming from Anime Japan, running around in a pikachu costume with huge boobs lactating Rainbows. Is cosplay! I don't see why many want to Combine "Cosplay" with work like ours. I hate the word"Cosplay" with a passion!

I have nothing that comes to mind other then what King Willie calls them. "Eyes of the Demon" or "Eyes of the Demons"

5647-533465447_d590f279a9.jpg

14. Art Andrews

We can love it or hate it, but the outside world sees all of what we do (anything relating to a costume) as "cosplay" at this point. We don't have to like it or embrace it, but we have to accept that they are going to see you that way whether you like it or not. As munson said, adding "cos" to the name wasn't intended to mean "cosplay" but "cos" has become short for cosplay in many circles and we want to avoid that comparison whenever and wherever possible. 

15. munson

munson Hunter

Like I mentioned in post 59 and Art reitterated, the "cos" was meants as "costume".  I understand where some may think it means cosplay, but it didn't.  If you go to Bing and type "Predator Cos" and don't click search or enter, you'll see:

Predator Costume
    Predator Costume for Kids
    Predator Costume for Adults

Come up as your top three in the "assisted search feature" that comes up. 

Hopefully this clears it the obvious.

16. Maniak

Maniak Blooded

Wait a minute so what ur saying is that COS is NOT cosplay!?

Hahahaha im joking. dont bite my face off lol just think its funny :-D

17. HAL1138

HAL1138 Blooded

Don't care if you call this place Pink Preddy Pom Pom. I'm not going anywhere. I may vomit every time I login.... but not going anywhere.

Anyhoo.... anyway this new site will have a method of organizing photos into more than one album? That would be very helpful when going through some of the older member's galleries. Plus, I would love to separate Kayla's build from Zoe and my build. If not, it's ok, I will manage.

Maniak and Art Andrews like this.
  18. Art Andrews

We have always only given members the ability to create a single album. Let me look into what would be needed to organize properly for multiple albums per member. Personally I don't have an issue with members creating as many sub-albums as they want, but I would like to see them all remain under a member's primary album. Will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

HAL1138 likes this.
  19. HAL1138

HAL1138 Blooded

Sub-albums would be awesome!

20. movieman2005

movieman2005 Young Blood

A million bucks lol