PREDATOR 2.0

Discussion in 'Predator Anatomy (Costumes)' started by Termokk, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Termokk

Termokk Elite Hunter

Hey friends,
    I finaly got around to doing some work on my new sculpture. I was a little unsatisfied with my last one and wanted to make improvments were i saw fit. I only just started this sculpture and it is far from done but i wanted to share some progress and get some opinions on it. I was just adding some test texture to it today so its still pretty primitive but the basic shapes and ideas are there. Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.
    -corey

Also, i am gonna try to upload the pictures through photobucket, and i have never done it before so let me know if they work properly.

100_1151.jpg
    100_1150.jpg
    100_1147.jpg

2. pred666pain666

pred666pain666 Veteran Hunter

Dude mask is looking v cool.

3. shockwave

shockwave Hunter

Looking pretty damn good mate! I really like the overall proportions and detail. Plus he looks pissed, so it's all good!

4. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Elder Predator

Fantastic. Keep up the progress pics...

5. Unforgiven Hunter

Unforgiven Hunter Elite Hunter

I'm loving the detail you have going on it so far.

-Chris

6. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Love the skin detail on this thing. Great job! Will keep tabs on fo' sho'!

7. Usurper

Usurper Elder Predator

Woohooo , more sculpts, and a good looking one also.

keep going with the update pictures

8. xdmray

xdmray Veteran Hunter

damn all you do is sculpt! i wish i had your free time. this one is looking better than the first one.

a few crits- the "upper lip" seems a bit too high. im not really diggin the upside down V shape of it either. should go more strait across. how screen accurate you going for?

i know the teeth are there for guides but i would down scale them and the lower mandibles a tad.

my two cents.

looking good corey, keep it up!!

9. skunk

skunk Elite Hunter

Looking really good....great detailing on the crown so far....definitely keep it up dood!

10. Termokk

Termokk Elite Hunter

Well, i have been working on some more texture and refining. I decreased the v shape over the mouth (thank you xmdray) and thinned the teeth. I appreciate the comments, keep it up!

100_1160.jpg
    100_1156.jpg
    100_1158.jpg

11. T800

T800 Hunter

;) Nice work man!

12. alphatech686

alphatech686 Elite Hunter

very nice work. Texturing is coming along nicely.

13. PredatrHuntr

That is just awesome...

14. carlart

carlart Elite Hunter

SHWEEET ;)

15. oneuglymf

oneuglymf Hunter

WOW!!! Amazing work!

16. tbail1989

tbail1989 Unblooded

Honestly man that is top notch work right there.....you should be proud cause honestly you just blew my mind with that amazing detail you have going on...hopefully when you mold it all the detail is captured cause that is amazing!

17. Timmmy

Timmmy Hunter

I really love the scales on the throat and the back of his head, gives him a rather reptillian feel - guess most of it will be covered by dreads when finished, but you went the extra-mile with this!
    One of the first thoughts I had in mind when I saw this was this Pred has gotta be greenish, like some bad-ass Killer-Crocy beast who hunts prey in the swamps... ;)

18. Uhlakk

Uhlakk Hunter

;)

Very cool! Great work man!

19. Bovine13

Bovine13 Elite Hunter

It looks great. The detail and textures on top of the head/crown area are sick!

20. Termokk

Termokk Elite Hunter

Thank you all for your compliments. I have been considering if the scales on the back of the head and neck are to much? I like texture but i dont want to make him look like anything other than what hes supposed to be. What do you think? I think the scales would make for a nice rattlesnake paintjob on him lol. Well i am gonna do some work on it, and i will post more pictures tonight hopefully. Thanks again for the comments but let me know if you think somthing looks bad, i want to make this sculpt perfect so i can get back to making biomasks that fit it, and the rest of the costume. I think after this and his bio i will be making some working gauntlets... hmmm... lol

21. kithunter

kithunter Veteran Hunter

may i join the others in giving you MASSIVE props for a great sculpt.... ;)

AM

22. Termokk

Termokk Elite Hunter

OK, i did the whole texture on the back of the head and the neck... then i decided to scrape it all off cuz i didnt like it. I re-did the neck and the back of the head and i would like to see what everyone thinks about it. Do you think its to much? too busy? Well its getting closer, just alot of clean up and refining, and the right side still has the old texture, gotta redo that.
    100_1166.jpg
    100_1164.jpg

23. Warlock0024

Warlock0024 Unblooded

I like that. I dont think its to busy, but as you know it will eventually get covered up by the dreads...

24. PredatrHuntr

Hmmm....see now there's a major problem with the neck area behind the jawline...its way too...um...uh...ya no I can't find a damn thing wrong with it!! Keep it up ;)

25. Termokk

Termokk Elite Hunter

Yea exactly. I just want there to be somthing under there, so if you ever look behind the dreads it doesent look rushed or plain. I am all for making somthing that is quality. The neck will be covered by the rings too, im gonna cast those seperatly this time.