My Celtic Paint Up

Discussion in 'Predator Armory (Props)' started by A Hunters Moon, Mar 12, 2011.

1. A Hunters Moon

Staff Member

I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too. I'm very happy with the finished paint. Hope you like it as well.

myceltic1.jpg

As I started to highlight different details with silver and copper I realized it made the bio sort of uneven. So I added copper to the tri-laser and tubing section.

myceltic3.jpg
    myceltic2.jpg

Here you can see where a much brighter silver was used to highlight some of the bio's detailing.

myceltic4.jpg

Here's a shot with minimal lighting. It show's some of the shading and color better. I'll be finishing the bio off with some tri-lasers in the next week or so.

2. munson

munson Elite Hunter

Good paint up, I really like the gold paint up on the mechanical parts.

3. quinja

quinja Unblooded

Very nice

4. A Hunters Moon

Staff Member

Thanks guys. I think the copper bits really stand out and they've become one of my favorite things about the paint.

5. ESC

ESC Unblooded

amazing how a paint job can sometimes look so much cooler if you don't over think it. like you said, you kept it basic and everything fell into place. looks great.

mike

6. King Cavalera

King Cavalera Unblooded

awesome... very like the lenses, where did you get that..?

7. kayt

kayt Unblooded

Nice Paint job!!! i like the pure & Clean looking of the bio.......

8. A Hunters Moon

Staff Member

I was setting around looking at my trophy wall and realized I never posted a photo of my paint up with the leds in. So here ya go:

IMG_2337.jpg

9. Art Andrews

Staff Member

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='281523' date='Mar 12 2011, 05:54 PM']I threatened to complicate this paint job really fast. I started off wanting dozens of silver and grey textures but that wasn't working out too well for me. When I finally gave in and realized that this was a very straight forward paint up I started making the progress I'd hoped too.[/quote]

The original Celtic bio has a pretty understated paintjob. The silver is a little more metallic and warmer than what you ultimately went with and the detailing was brought it with a light blackish-brown wash which can be seen in the pits and crevices. While you may have gone a much more straightforward route than you originally intended your paintjob is still far more detailed and interesting than the original.

10. shadow hunter

shadow hunter Unblooded

i like the chrome eyes... nice touch

11. johnathonm

johnathonm Unblooded

Excellent bio ,man.