Iron Man Helmet from cardboard

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by one and only, May 4, 2008.

1. one and only

one and only Elite Hunter

After having seen the work of TMP, and seeing the movie Iron Man, I decided that I wanted to make my own helmet/ costume. I know it will never be as good as TMP's stuff, but I'll have a go anyway.

So far I have only made a full sized faceplate from cardboard, tape and wire, but I think it looks pretty cool.

It looks a little rough, but pretty much all I did was study a picture of TMP's helmet, and the movie helmet, and started wildly cutting shapes out of cardboard, and taping them together.

I do intend to finish the back of the head, and possibly the whole suit, but after I have the basic shape in cardboard, I am going to smooth the edges with bondo.

The method of construction is loosely based on this tutorial.

There is still a HELL OF A LOT left to do.

Here is a picture.

Thanks a lot

cool but when i just saw that front it reminded me of general grevious.... very cool tho
  3. one and only

haha, yeah it does a lot like him now doesn't it.
  4. DJHicks

DJHicks Hunter

very impressive... can wait to see it near completion! wish i have the patients to make things raw from card and so forth...

i seem to not have the time gonna start making time!
  5. jaded

jaded Hunter

Very cool Luke, I like your creativity! Is that thing going to be wearable?
  6. one and only

Yep, I'm building it over a manequin head.

I'm thinking about making the faceplate removable, that's why I've made it seperately, but I'm not sure just yet.
  7. jaded

jaded Hunter

Either way dude, that is slick-as-hell man. That thing is going to own when finished, don't hold back on the pics either :unsure:
  8. rocktuskpred

rocktuskpred Elite Hunter

looks good luke :unsure:

cant wait to see it finished
  9. maverick118

maverick118 Hunter

Looks good for a start, if you need some hi res screenies and I mean 720p I have a number of them somewhere. holler and I'll PM them over once they've been put on my server
  10. Uratz

Uratz Elite Hunter

I saw this Movie and I too am inspired. I'll be making my own face plates Mark 1, Mark 2 and 3.
  11. theman123

theman123 Unblooded

hey luke looks good so far, cant wait to see some more
  12. Dark Huntress

Dark Huntress Hunter

that's awesome luke!, can't wait to see it finished, I'm sure it'll look dead on :)
  13. grim hammer

grim hammer Young Blood

very nice... you know you can use that as a pattern, trace it on a flexible plastic sheet (ex: plastic folder) to make a more durable mask or costume. hehe! can't wait to see the mark 1... :) :)
  14. maverick118

maverick118 Hunter

Couple of the snippetsof the hd screenies I have for you mate.

Hope these help