Blade3327's Alien And Pred Drawings (Big Pics) - 2/1 Update

Discussion in 'Predator Fan Art' started by Blade3327, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Here're some drawings I've made in the last year. I basically chose to upload the good/most recent ones. The oldest is from almost two years ago. I've done some sketches for a possible Pred mask (my very first mask -- this forum has inspired me) that I'll make during spring break. I won't show those pictures, though, as I'd like to keep the designs to myself until I start and create a thread for the project. On another note, some of these drawings may seem computerized (like the Lovecraft-ish monster I did), but rest assured that they were all drawn with mechanical pencil and paper. I had to resize them, since the scans were huge. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy these pictures. I'll upload more as I make more!

An Alien I made during study hall (boredom set in). This guy combines aspects of various versions (he's got some Resurrection in him, some A2, some AVP, and a little bit of A3). I'm really pleased with the way the mouth turned out. Probably the coolest teeth I've done IMO.
    2libv61.jpg

A Lovecraftian creature head I designed. Still trying to figure out what a badass body for 'im would look like, but there it is...
    8zobwg.jpg

A Giger Alien I drew for an 8th Grade art assignment. The objective was to take something from the media and manipulate it. So I took Giger's Alien and gave him a few personal touches and extra details.
    v6ubti.jpg

My interpretation of the Praetorian, which I've worked on over the past two weeks, whenever I'd get a break or open window in math class lol. The base was a big step for me, since I don't usually add bases to my drawings, but I like how the eggs and general slimy gunk looks.
    t9cb4l.jpg

Probably the grail of my drawings so far, the Predator 2 holding a spear and trophy skull. I had to pump up his helmet, so I gave him some battle-damage. I modified the gauntlets and armor a bit, so the shapes are familiar, but with a little bit of "me" in 'em. This guy, I spent a lot of time on. He was basically worked on "on and off," because I wouldn't do anything on him unless I was truly in the mood for drawing. I figured I did that detailed Giger Alien, so I should pay my respects to Predator, as well.
    igygqg.jpg

Like I said, more stuff will be posted as it is done. Hope you guys found this interesting, so far! :)

2libv61.jpg

8zobwg.jpg

v6ubti.jpg

t9cb4l.jpg

igygqg.jpg

2. hellonearth

hellonearth Hunter

man, i really like this stuff. a lot of good technique in there buddy! the concepts are awesome! just start drawing on paper without lines!!!!! really cool shit though :rolleyes:

3. predator addict

awesome artwork mate love the designs very cool you should try and color em would make them look even better :rolleyes:

4. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

I don't usually color my work, as the amount of fine lines really wouldn't look right.

@Hellonearth: Thanks for noticing the line thing, dude ! Usually I just draw the whole thing from top to bottom lol.

5. Denshin

Denshin Unblooded

Will ya look at that, magnificent amount of details youve put in there. Great work =D

6. Kare

Kare Young Blood

Those are some really impressive pieces of art there.
    Keep up the great work. :lol:

7. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Thanks, guys! Means a lot. This is actually the first time I've uploaded my art anywhere, so I'll be sure to add new stuff! Been kinda busy in study hall lately, but I think I might be able to work on something new tomorrow -- it's the weekend, so doing HW then won't be too high a priority lol.

8. PredatorHunter34

Hello,
    Those are pretty impresive drawings.I really like the Predator and the Alien Queen.

Nice work,Daren

9. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

That's actually a Praetorian, a new Alien lifecycle from the games. Glad that it looked enough like a Queen, though! I've always had trouble drawing her -- the crown is a pain. But this tells me I'm on the right track shape-wise .

10. Phildeville

Phildeville Unblooded

That's just brilliant! Totally love it.

11. elliot117

elliot117 Unblooded

how do you do that lol i do art as a GCSE and i haven't got a hope in hell at pulling off anything like that how old are you?

12. Celtic117

Celtic117 Unblooded

Wow, you have some serious talent there bud. if i could draw like that i would be drawing 24/7.

13. svehunter

svehunter Young Blood

Very nice man you are good! :rolleyes:

14. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Thanks so much, guys! Truth is, I've been drawing since I was five. And I'm a freshman in HS.
    Back in 4th grade, we saw AVP and my mom told me there were *shocker!* more Alien and Pred films. From that moment on, I was a goner. So yeah... my folks got me into it :rolleyes:.

15. Wolf Predator 1

Wolf Predator 1 Elite Hunter

Awesomeness dude

16. ciump

ciump Unblooded

I am form an art school and I personally found your drawings VERY COOL man, you had it! Keep drawing and you will keep surprising us! Good luck!

17. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Thanks so much, guys! ;)

A little preview of what's to come:
    1rf5hy.jpg

This is just the head, but the full P1 body will be done too. More updates soon!

1rf5hy.jpg

18. artaserspredator

artaserspredator Unblooded

Good Nice All Work ;)

19. Warlock0024

Warlock0024 Unblooded

Very nice work man...keep em comming.

20. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Sorry for the lack of updates. Since my last post, I've had a ton of stuff to deal with -- mask-making (which is still ongoing ), collecting, game-modding, etc. While my P1 drawing still isn't finished, here's a little update in the spirit of the new movie coming out tomorrow:

14v20z9.jpg

I apologize for the weird contrast and blur effects. I had to lower the contrast/brightness settings to make the ligher lines visible. They will be darkened, of course. But since they're so hard to see at this point, a little editing was in order. More updates to come. As soon as I finish this badboy (and I'm planning on doing it very soon), I hope to start a sketch of one of the new Preds !

14v20z9.jpg

21. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Well, it's been a while and I've been working on my mask, school, and other projects. Tonight, I decided to finish up that P1 I started way back when. You may notice I removed the plasmacaster, but only because it didn't quite fit in this particular scene. So here he is, a drawing I like to call "The Ravager":

001.jpg

And my *slightly* updated P2 drawing, now titled "Trophy Hunter":

002.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

22. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Did a new drawing of Classic fairly quickly. Those dots payed off, but my hands are killing me at the moment :).

This one's called "Ex-Captive":
    001SMALLER.jpg

Hope you guys like him. Next piece will probably be either a Super Pred or an AVP.

001SMALLER.jpg

23. CoolleKotten

CoolleKotten Elite Hunter

Spots are always something that takes alot of time, but it sure pays off in the end. :) Nice job on the classic!

24. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Here's something a little different than usual. I decided to ink one of my drawings, then scan it in to produce the final image. I used PITT artists' pens as well as Microns to do the job, and I absolutely love them. Wide range of thicknesses for a wide range of lines. This one's called "Star Beast (Alien)"

AlienWarriorINK.png

AlienWarriorINK.png

25. Blade3327

Blade3327 Hunter

Started this guy towards the end of the last school year when I had some down-time in American Studies. Had to rework his right hand and left arm a few times before getting them right, then I added the details and finished the fine-tuning during my recent Italy trip. Since this was drawn on notebook paper (d'oh!), I'm blue-lining it and inking it -- same thing I did with the Alien in the post above -- to get a crisper black-and-white image.

"To the Victor Belong the Spoils (P1)"

001-SMALLER.jpg

001-SMALLER.jpg